Most year prices are ranging from $900-1200 depend on type of car. The average for a mid size sedan is $1000-1100. The average for a mid size SUV is $1100-1300 and pickup trucks start at $1300 and up. Motorcycles usually transported in enclosed motorcycle carriers and the rates are starting at $900 and up.
While in transit your vehicle (car, SUV, truck or motorcycle) is insured by the carrier. Carriers on this route usually carry 10-11 vehicles on their truck and they must carry insurance to cover all vehicles. Most times they have insurance up to 1 million dollars and some of them even more.
Most carriers use hwy I-10 to drive from Florida to California. The regular transit time is 7-10 days, but we do have from time to time 2 team drivers who delivery within 4-5 days.
Before shipping your car to California make sure you did the following:
1. Take pictures of the car from all sides.
2. Make sure no personal items are left in the car.
3. Try as possible to leave the gas tank on a 1/4.
4. Prepare for the driver just the key, he does not need all the other keys you got.
5. Make sure the car battery is good, the driver not going to start the car for a few days.
6. If shipping during winter, it is recommended to add antifreeze liquid to your engine.
7. Make sure there is nothing flammable in the car.
8. Always make sure with your broker and your carrier they have your best contact information for pickup and delivery locations.
Feel free to call us with any questions you may need at (800) 516.3440